It’s the safe, versatile fuel for every place in your home.
Heating with Propane
When it comes to home heating, propane furnaces have many advantages. A propane furnace or boiler traditionally operates at efficiency levels above 90% plus. If your home has an older heating system there may be an opportunity for you to save some money by converting to a new high efficiency propane system.
Propane furnaces and boilers come in all shapes and sizes, therefore allowing more flexibility with placement and they can be used for more than just heat. They can be used for cooking, heating your pool and garage, drying clothes and you can even hook it up to your BBQ.
Cooking with Propane
Propane is not just for outdoor grills! Ongoing surveys show consumers prefer to cook with gas because it provides more precise temperature control and heat delivery than electricity. Propane cooking appliances can integrate style and functionality into any new home, regardless of its size or architectural style. Propane cooking appliances cover a wide spectrum, from low-cost economy models to deluxe units that combine every imaginable cooking convenience and energy-saving feature. The wide variety of ranges, ovens, and cook tops available today can give home-buyers a wide choice of unique and functional kitchen designs.
Did You Know?
- Propane-fueled cook tops offer instant heat and absolute temperature control, allowing users to adjust from a boil to a simmer in seconds.
- Propane provides a more even heat across the bottom of pots and pans, which means fewer hot spots to scorch sauces or burn the tops of cakes and casseroles.
- Ninety seven percent of professional chefs prefer cooking with propane or gas (American Gas Association).
- Pilotless ignitions on propane stoves eliminate the need for a constant pilot light, saving homeowners money.
- Various energy-savings features (such as pilotless ignition and improved insulation) are also available on propane cooking appliances. These features can reduce gas consumption by 30-50%, further increasing propane’s cost advantage over electricity.
Hot Water Heating With Propane
- Propane gas water heaters provide continuous hot water and cost approximately $25 less per month to operate than comparable electric units (Source: Energy Savings Calculator). On average, propane water heaters are up to one-third less expensive to operate than electric heaters.
- Propane gas water heaters have a recovery rate nearly twice as fast as electric water heaters. That means a homeowner can get more hot water from a smaller size tank, requiring smaller storage space while reducing the amount of energy required to store hot water.
- Over an average unit’s life span (approx. 10 years), propane gas water heaters can save homeowners between $3,000 and $4,000 when compared with an electric unit (according to the Energy Savings Calculator).
- Propane gas water heaters heat more than twice as much water in an hour as a comparable electric model.
- More than 3 million homes use propane water heaters (EIA Residential Energy Consumption Survey)
Washing and Drying With Propane
Energy efficiency by itself doesn’t necessarily translate into better performance for electric appliances. Propane water heaters typically heat water much more quickly than electric water heaters, and propane-fueled clothes dryers can dry laundry faster than electric dryers. The cost efficiency of propane dryers depends on what other appliances use propane in your home. The price per gallon of propane gas depends on the quantity you order. As long as propane is the primary energy source for your home, you will always save over electric dryers.
Pool Heating & Outdoor Lighting With Propane
Pros of Gas Pool Heaters
Gas pool heaters are extremely efficient at warming a pool quickly. The high heat created by burning natural gas in a furnace creates high heat levels that quickly bring the water in a swimming pool to the desired temperature. This helps to reduce the amount of time that the heater is actually running. Because gas pool heaters are so efficient and don’t have to run as much, they usually experience fewer problems with wear and tear than do electric pool heaters or even electric heat pumps. There are far fewer problems that will require the need for an expensive heater repair.
Whether for your pool, patio, walkway or driveway, propane lighting has you covered. it is ideal because it provides bright, safe and beautiful illumination in out of the way places. It does not depend on electricity and shines brightly even when there are power outages. Also, the light produced by propane lighting doesn’t create unkind shades like electric inundation light does and insects are not engrossed by the illumination of the gas light. They are easy to turn on and off with the flip of the switch.
Propane Fireplaces and Propane Logs
Do you have a beautiful fireplace mantle and surround, but the fireplace itself isn’t efficient. Are you tired of the hassles of a wood burning fireplace but still want to enjoy the warmth of a glowing fire this winter? Propane fireplace inserts are heating appliances that are professionally installed inside your old fireplace to replace either its wood-burning section or an older gas unit.
There are many benefits to using a propane gas insert, including:
- 1Saving on renovating costs : Renovating can involve costly and inconvenient structural work. Fireplace inserts are sized to fit your existing fireplace housing, so no rebuild is needed.
- Lower bills : A new propane fireplace insert is more insulated and more efficient than your old fireplace–especially if it was a wood-burning model. When your heating system is more efficient, your electricity bill gets smaller. Gas furnaces on average are about 30 percent more efficient than wood burning models.
- Greater safety : An open fire is inherently dangerous, even in a fireplace. Burning wood that is stacked too high can tumble into the room, and sparks can be thrown from popping wood onto people or pets. If there is a downdraft or a blockage in the chimney, smoke can back up and flow into the room. These problems are eliminated with a fireplace insert.
- Greater convenience : With a fireplace insert, there’s no gathering wood and kindling, no splinters, and no stoking. Just flick a switch from your recliner and you’ve got an evening in front of the fire.
- Less environmental impact : Less fuel needed means less environmental impact. Propane also burns cleaner than wood, so there are fewer carbon emissions with a propane fireplace insert.
- Greater aesthetic value : A stylish fireplace insert can dress up even a plain brick mantle and façade, giving the room a nice facelift with a minimal investment.
8 High Street, P.O. Box 32, Portland, CT 06480 • 24 Main Street, Centerbrook, CT 06409
Portland: 860-342-3778 • Essex: 860-767-1920
Daniels Energy: CT License S1-385517 HOD#19 / Daniels Propane. LLC: CT License S1-302857 HOD #846