Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters
Rinnai’s superior design and engineering make it one of the most convenient and reliable systems on the market. Get instant – and continuous – hot water – with a new Rinnai Tankless.
Save money, splurge on performance.An endless supply of hot water, whenever you need it—even for multiple tasks at the same time. Tankless Water Heaters revolutionize comfort, energy efficiency and convenience.
- Designed for efficiency: Rinnai’s tankless technology features copper heat exchangers to provide maximum efficiency and uses up to 40 percent less energy* than a traditional tank.
- Save energy: By operating only when hot water is needed, and no storage tank to heat and reheat water, our tankless technology helps save on energy and utility costs. The use of an electronic ignition means no standing pilot light that constantly uses energy.
- A smart investment: Increase your home’s value with premium technology, increased energy efficiency, an improved Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index Score and optimized LEED certification. Available energy efficiency rebates and tax credits offer the opportunity to help make your purchases more affordable.
- Multiple sizes: Rinnai gives you options to right-size your installation and customize your efficiency.
- Replace parts, not systems: Every part of a Rinnai Tankless Water Heater is replaceable. Components can be easily exchanged, if needed, versus replacing the entire system.
- Earth-friendly efficiency: Our tankless technology achieves maximum energy efficiency, helping to conserve natural resources.
- Less waste: Compact heat exchanger design, longer product lifespan up to twice as long as a traditional tank and recyclable parts means less waste in landfills.
- High standards for low emissions: Lower CO2 emissions contribute to cleaner air and a healthier environment.
How Tankless Water Heaters Work
When the need for hot water arises by turning on a shower, washing machine, dishwasher or faucet, cold water enters the Rinnai Tankless Water Heater from the inlet pipe at the bottom of the model. The PC board is then signaled to activate the flame igniter or ignition.
A combustion fan turns on to allow oxygen into the burner to ignite the flame as the gas control valve opens at a low frequency. Once an adequate flame is present the igniter stops sparking — beginning the next sequence of operation in a matter of seconds.
Water is heated as it passes through the coils of the copper heat exchanger, and exits from the hot water outlet pipe to travel through the pipes to the water fixture where hot water is needed. For Condensing models, the water is preheated as it passes through a secondary stainless steel (latent) heat exchanger, capturing any extra heat (or latent heat) before it escapes into the vent system.
Depending on demand, the flame can expand across the width of the entire burner to heat more water. The tankless water heater adjusts as needed to ensure the temperature set point is maintained. A digital controller allows the user to choose the desired temperature.